Thursday, May 5, 2011

Up in the Air

Whoosh! There they go! The wind in your hair! Or your, paper. Today Division 35 had a paper airplane contest, and it was exciting even though I didn't make it through the first cut. The winner got a large Aero bar, which most people know is my favorite kind of chocolate. The stakes were high and we threw our planes, one-by-one. I knew something was wrong when I threw my plane and WHAM! It was on the ground, two feet away from me. I was devastated, my favorite kind of chocolate, no longer able to be claimed by me. But when I got home I got a cookie, so it's all good. 




During the second round the remaining ten threw one-by-one and when Alex R.'s plane came up with the best time again, I figured he would win. Birthday Boy's luck I suppose. But Alex made it into the next round with Michael J. He had a pretty good plane too. The first three threw and Alex made it the farthest, but one person was left: Michael J. He threw and the crowd held their breath and... he won. Michael J. was the victor and the Aero was his. I hive-fived Michael and Alex, Michael for winning and Alex for coming in second. The thing I said to Alex after we left to return to class was this: "You've got to show me how to make that plane for next year!"
By Matthew A. 






1 comment: